District 1 - Albert Striplin
Albert Striplin was appointed to fill the vacant District 1 Councilmember seat on February 14, 2011 by the City Council and elected to a second four-year term in August 2016.
Councilman Striplin has been a member of the Prattville Kiwanis Club since 1976. He currently serves as a Life Board Member of the Prattville YMCA and has previously served as their Building Committee Chairman.
Prior to joining the Council, he served as Director of the Historic Prattville Redevelopment Authority since 2001 and its President from 2002-2011.
Striplin has served our community in past years through service to the following:
- Organizational Member, Prattville Area Chamber of Commerce Economic Development Committee;
- Organizational Director, Autauga Area Community Foundation;
- Director and Past President, Central Alabama Community Foundation;
- Graduate of initial class of Leadership Autauga County;
- Graduate of Leadership Alabama;
- Director and Past President Prattville Area Chamber of Commerce.
Councilman Striplin holds a Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Banking from the University of Alabama. He also graduated from the Louisiana State University School of Banking and Autauga County High School.
Albert is married to Theresa Diane Clark; they have one son, Blake Alexander Striplin. He and his family are members and worship at First United Methodist Church where he currently serves as pianist for Fellowship Sunday School Class, and is a member of the Choir.